Solved

Hello, just started FME a few days ago. Have an Excel file with 3 columns containing geometry in WKT format. How do I translate into readable geometry? Example: POINT (2648.81837074121 433.2500) Thanks

• 31 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +5
Hello, just started FME a few days ago. Have an Excel file with 3 columns containing geometry in WKT format. How do I translate into readable geometry? Example: POINT (2648.81837074121 433.2500) Thanks
icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 31 March 2021, 09:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Not sure what you mean with "readable geometry", but you can use the GeometryReplacer to create a geometry from the attribute. Set it to OGC Well Known Text.

Badge +5

Hi @nielsgerrits​ ,

Appreciate the reply. It worked! Would never have picked that transformer, so there must be some idiosyncrasies to learn.

Just to clarify about "readable geometry": When inspecting the data, it looked exactly like the .txt file version, which was able to display (read) geometry no problem. With the Excel file, I got "There is no geometry in this view". Not sure why.

At any rate, thanks for the help and looking forward to asking more advanced questions.