Question

How to get the rotation information of a cell from DGN ?

• 29 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello,

I'm trying to get rotation information of a cell which come from a DGN.

I found it for text element but not on cell. In microstation the information is present but not in FME, do you have any idea ?

In the help here : https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/dgnstyler.htm it say :

OpenCell Rotation

Specifies rotation of the cell (in degrees counterclockwise from horizontal). This can be set to any floating-point value between -360.0 to 360.0, or be set to a value taken from an attribute.

Format attribute set: igds_cell_rotation

But I haven't this attribute in FME : 

CaptureBut here in Microstation you can see the information (50 g = 45 deg)

Capture

6 replies

Userlevel 4

Did you look for igds_rotation / fme_rotation as well?

Badge

Did you look for igds_rotation / fme_rotation as well?

Yeah I've look igds_rotation but it doesn't exist, same things for fme_rotation. It doesn't exist ...

DGN is attached if you want to see

Badge

Yeah I've look igds_rotation but it doesn't exist, same things for fme_rotation. It doesn't exist ...

Hi @arnaudfouch​ I think you may need to expose the attribute in the DGN Reader Parameters in Format Attributes tab. Or using an AttributeExposerRotation 

Badge

I've tried but as you can see all the attribute remain empty :

Capture 

Badge

Only element like text and other are working well :

Capture

Badge

Finaly I find solution by analysing directly the entity with HorizontalAngleCaluclator