Question

How to replace values from one column to another?

• 26 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I have 6 columns of values that I want to assign to other columns within the same file, is there a transformer that can help me do this?

1 reply

Badge +2

Just to clarify here, are you looking to swap the values (i.e. swap attribute A with attribute B values) or just set the same values (i.e. set attribute B to the value of attribute A)?

If you need to swap the attribute, I think the easiest thing would be to create a temporary attribute using something like the AttributeCopier (i.e. TempName, TempManufacturer). Then connect the AttributeCopier to an AttributeManager and set the values of the attributes you want to swap to the temporary and remove the temporary attributes. 2021-04-01_9-12-30In the AttributeManager, you can set the values and remove the temp attributes at the same time by pushing them to the bottom of the list and setting the action to remove.

Alternatively, if you just want to set the same attribute value, you can do this in an AttributeManager by setting the attribute value parameter to the attribute using like this: 2021-04-01_9-17-00Hope that helps, I've attached the example from the screenshots in case that helps. Let me know if that's not quite what you had in mind.