Question

Setting up integration with D365

• 25 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I am wondering if anyone has successfully connected to D365 API to pull data into SQL Server to create a spatial database based on the lat/long fields we populate in the the D365 application.

My IT dept said the directions here are out of date. Does anyone have any suggestions that I can give to my IT people so that I can have this integration set up?

Thanks,

https://hub.safe.com/publishers/safe-lab/web-connections/microsoft-dynamics-365I

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi @jbailey​ 

I'm sorry that the D365 web connection is out of date. Unfortunately we don't use D365 or have access to it, so this one is hard for us to support. I've tried before with a trial, but didn't seem to have any success.

If your IT dept is able to tell us which instructions are out of date (and what the correct steps are) I can look into getting that updated.

My recommendation would be to create your own, new, D365 web connection in FME.

I found this page on the Microsoft Documentation which should provide details on how to authenticate with D365/authorize FME. We have this article here Web Connections and FME which explains the different types of web connections in FME and links to some examples on how to set them up.

If you do manage to get a new web connection working, it'd be great to upload it to the FME Hub so others can use it, as I think we have a few customers using it. If you do try setting up the web connection in FME and get stuck, I'm happy to help. I've created several Microsoft Web Services in FME, so combined with your D365 experience I would hope that we could be successful!