Question

Ok nerds, I have an FME workspace that works like a champ. When I post it to FME Server it blanks out on the parameters. I've attached screenshots. Any information or guidance would be appreciated!

• 24 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +14

I have two database connections coming into the said workspace. I use a WHERE statement at the beginning of the processing to filter the data down so it runs in a reasonable amount of time. If anyone knows if there is a trick to get the WHERE statements to stay I would be grateful.   

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Can you show us the parameter definition?

Badge +14

2021-03-25_9-12-072021-03-25_9-11-262021-03-25_9-12-522021-03-25_9-12-27Thank you very much and I think so. In the User Parameters in Workbench or Server? I made the WHERE statements then exposed/created user parameters from them. This process works very well on the desktop side. The parameters simplify when an FME Server site is created on the two exposed parameters. It shows the first field name that is in the WHERE statement, but nothing more. I want to give the end-user the ability to change the date ranges. I have tried this through a testfilter, but it is more efficient on large datasets to run it in the WHERE parameter on the table itself.

Userlevel 4

2021-03-25_9-12-072021-03-25_9-11-262021-03-25_9-12-522021-03-25_9-12-27Thank you very much and I think so. In the User Parameters in Workbench or Server? I made the WHERE statements then exposed/created user parameters from them. This process works very well on the desktop side. The parameters simplify when an FME Server site is created on the two exposed parameters. It shows the first field name that is in the WHERE statement, but nothing more. I want to give the end-user the ability to change the date ranges. I have tried this through a testfilter, but it is more efficient on large datasets to run it in the WHERE parameter on the table itself.

Is your FME Server the exact same (or higher) build number as your FME Desktop? If not, that might be the issue, in particular because the parameter configuration is brand new for FME 2021.

If this is not the issue, consider contacting Safe support, I'm sure they'll want to have a look at this (again, since this part is brand new).

Badge +14

I will check that one out. Thank you very much.

Badge +14

Just an update; We eventually were able to update the FME Server to the same build. It doesn't look like it fixed the issue. Thank you for your help. I will attempt to put a formal support ticket in with Safe.