Solved

AttributeConcatenator whitespace is ignored?

Badge +4

Hi,

is it a bug, that whitespace is removed in the next step (Parameter Fetcher) in the AttributeConcatenator? In the userparameters the space is still their and the parameter is not checked.

icon

Best answer by nampreetatsafe 25 March 2021, 22:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hmm from your question is isn't quite clear where the problem is. Did you use a ParameterFetcher transformer which was fine? But the AttributeCon​catonater caused an issue? Could you include a couple more screen shots?

Badge +4

Hmm from your question is isn't quite clear where the problem is. Did you use a ParameterFetcher transformer which was fine? But the AttributeCon​catonater caused an issue? Could you include a couple more screen shots?

Hi @virtualcitymatt​ ,

thank you for your answer.

The custom transformer is from @Takashi Iijima​ and the user parameter in the screenshot are passed into the ParameterFetcher. However, there is the space missing afterwards.

I will include more screenshots tomorrow @work.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @connecter​! I see what you mean and managed to replicate it using the AttributeConcatenator. Have you tried using the StringConcatenator transformer instead? See attached workspace for a quick demo.

Badge +4

Hi @connecter​! I see what you mean and managed to replicate it using the AttributeConcatenator. Have you tried using the StringConcatenator transformer instead? See attached workspace for a quick demo.

Hi @nampreetatsafe​,

thank you for your reply and your demo workflow. The StringConcatenator is great when every column includes data, otherwise this happens:

The AttriubteConcatenator have the option to "Drop Empty Parts".

In the AttributeConcatenator a Attributecreator after the ParameterFetcher can replace the wrong string. Maybe in a future release the AttributeConcatenator can handle space strings.