Solved

Join Attributes Spatially

• 22 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I'm looking for a workflow that would combine Addresses/Attributes from a worksheet to either a 2D Shapefile of building footprints or a 3D fbx model (the FBX model is just the 2D shapefile building footprints extruded). I used geocoder to get address points from the excel sheet and need help moving onto the next steps of moving the attributes from the excel sheet to the 3d models they correspond to.Capture

icon

Best answer by milo89 22 March 2021, 22:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi @jaronkasiban​,

If your geocode works correctly (I know there are a lot of issues with getting accurate data depending on the address provided and the geocoding service used), you should be able to use a spatial filter to merge the attributes where features intersect.

With regards to your image above, are you just getting one address from that excel?

Hi @jaronkasiban​,

If your geocode works correctly (I know there are a lot of issues with getting accurate data depending on the address provided and the geocoding service used), you should be able to use a spatial filter to merge the attributes where features intersect.

With regards to your image above, are you just getting one address from that excel?

Yup! I was just running a test excel sheet as a hypothetical. Spatial filter was exactly what I was looking for