Question

Hello! It is possible to add a CGXML file into ArcGIS Desktop via data interoperability? Also the CGXML file can be converted to a shapefile via import? I can also add or send a cgxml file if needed. Thank you!

• 22 March 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello! It is possible to add a CGXML file into ArcGIS Desktop via data interoperability? Also the CGXML file can be converted to a shapefile via import? I can also add or send a cgxml file if needed. Thank you!

9 replies

Badge +20

I have seen a Demo from ESRI Romania that uses the FME SDK to import cgxml files in ArcGIS. I believe they still sell that customization.

I made a cgxml reader workspace a couple of years ago. Can't find it now.

Shapefile is a bad idea when importing multi table data like xml. My choice was to write to tables conformed to Annex 8 of Order No. 979/05.08.2016 in a GeoPakage file then do whatever I want with it.

Am vazut un Demo de la ESRI Romania care utilizeaza FME SDK pentru a importa fisiere cgxml in ArcGIS. Cred ca inca vand acea customizare.

Am creat un workspace cu reader pentru cgxml acum cativa ani. Nu-l mai gasesc acum.

Fisierele shape nu sunt o idee buna cand importi date multi tabela precum xml. Eu am ales sa scriu tabele conform Anexei 8 la ordinul 979/05.08.2016 intr-un fisier GeoPakage apoi sa fac ce vreau cu el.

Badge +20

Please provide a sample cgxml.

Badge +20

Here is a CGXML Reader that you can use with the FME SDK to import your data to ArcGIS.

I used Parameters to select files and output folder.

I added the .xsd schema and a disabled portion in the workspace so you can recreate it.

Here is a CGXML Reader that you can use with the FME SDK to import your data to ArcGIS.

I used Parameters to select files and output folder.

I added the .xsd schema and a disabled portion in the workspace so you can recreate it.

can this be made to read and loop over a folder of cgxml files?

Badge +20

I have a v1.2 or 1.3 on my office machine.

I'll attach it tomorrow noon. If I forget please remind me.

friendly reminder

Badge +20

CGXML Reader v 1.2

thank you , i tried using the instructions, i load all the cgxml. but when i run it prompts me for user parameters and it wont let me advance until i select only 1 cgxml:(

Badge +20

Call me