Solved

I have done a string concatenator on a series of attributes with numbers, however, I cannot tell the sequence of numbers apart as they are now all merged, is there any way to add commas or spaces in between the values during string concatenator proce

• 22 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 11.32.52

icon

Best answer by caracadrian 23 March 2021, 12:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Not automatically, but if you set up the string concatenation you can add those in yourself.

Badge +20

If you used the StringConcatenator you can add Constant String Type Parts.

If you used AttributeManager/Creator just put a separator between the attributes.

If you used ListConcatenator we wouldn't have had this discussion.😁

If you used the StringConcatenator you can add Constant String Type Parts.

If you used AttributeManager/Creator just put a separator between the attributes.

If you used ListConcatenator we wouldn't have had this discussion.😁

Hi, thanks for that!

I've looked at using the attribute manager/creator to put a separator between the attributes but have only been using FME for a few weeks, could you provide more guidance on how I would do that?

Also any advice on how I could have avoided that using ListConcatenator would be appreciated.

Thanks

Badge +20

Hi, thanks for that!

I've looked at using the attribute manager/creator to put a separator between the attributes but have only been using FME for a few weeks, could you provide more guidance on how I would do that?

Also any advice on how I could have avoided that using ListConcatenator would be appreciated.

Thanks

StringConcatenator settings:

StringConcatenatorAttributeCreator/Manager settings:

AttributeCreatorListConcatenator is used when your incoming data is in list form. You can read this tutorial: Tutorial: Working with List Attributes (safe.com)