Question

Scaling, shifting vectors

• 19 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello!

I have a challenging work to do. I have 3 differents vectors data (DataVector1, DataVector2 and DataVector3 ) which i've extracted from a pdf file. And, I have also from the same pdf file, the location of the three Datavectors (boundaries). The boundaries is also a vector data that i've extracted from the pdf. However, the boundaries boxes are smaller compared to the limit boundaries of the Datavectors.

Now, I need to scale and shift all my 3 Datavectors into the boundaries boxes. How can i do this ? knowing that the coordinates are in local values ( fake coordinates from PDF). After that, I'll do a manual georeferencing, since I know real coordinates of 3 points over the whole 3 Datavectors.

Anybody, have some hints ?

Thank you in advance !All_3DataVectorssuperposedImagesDataVector3DataVector2DataVector1boundaries

5 replies

Userlevel 4

You may want to look into the AffineWarper. For the Control input port you'll need four line features connecting the corners of the input and output bounding boxes. Everything sent into the Observed port will then be scaled and shifted/rotated accordingly. See also the documentation.

You may want to look into the AffineWarper. For the Control input port you'll need four line features connecting the corners of the input and output bounding boxes. Everything sent into the Observed port will then be scaled and shifted/rotated accordingly. See also the documentation.

Hi David !

Thanks for your quick response! The solution with AffineWrapper seems can resolve my problem. I'll try it and revert back to you if I ever got stuck.

Thanks again!

Hello! I'm also have troubles with this except the AffineWarper isn't quite doing what I need. I can get my data to the right coordinates but it needs scaling down so have been playing with the Scaler except the scaler moves it from the correct coordinates and I don't know how much it needs to be scaled down! Is there a way to find the scale of a control layer and then change the size of my data to match?

This is my data after running the AffineWarper - its a housing development so obviously not the size of England!

Screenshot 2022-06-08 123628

Badge

Hello! I'm also have troubles with this except the AffineWarper isn't quite doing what I need. I can get my data to the right coordinates but it needs scaling down so have been playing with the Scaler except the scaler moves it from the correct coordinates and I don't know how much it needs to be scaled down! Is there a way to find the scale of a control layer and then change the size of my data to match?

This is my data after running the AffineWarper - its a housing development so obviously not the size of England!

Hi @floortile​ Is there any way that you can find the scale of the data? Where is the data being read from? Is it a PDF or a DWG? You should be able to find the scale if it is a DWG.

Userlevel 4

Is it possible that your control lines are going in the wrong direction? Try simply using an Orientor before the AffineWarper to inverse the direction and see if that helps.

If not, the control lines are most probably incorrect.