Question

SQLExecutor error exposing multiple attributes

• 18 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I am using FME Desktop version: FME(R) 2020.1.1.1 (20200817 - Build 20614 - WIN64)

Using the SQLExecutor (version 9) against an Oracle Spatial Table, I am running  a SQL statement such as below:

select "LINE", "COLOUR" from "SCHEMA"."TABLENAME"

This statement 'runs successfully' when tested but when I expose multiple attributes using the 'Attributes to  Expose' field, this does not work and a single attribute with all the field names concatenated with a comma is being output:

Capture If I expose a single attribute only then the output is correct.  Is this a bug with this version of FME Desktop 2020.1 and or SQLExecutor Version 9, as it does not happen with previous versions of FME Desktop and SQL Executor?

Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 4

This somehow rings a bell, but I cannot remember in which post I've seen this before. Since it's Oracle everything will be interpreted as upper case by default, so you could try to skip the quotation marks and see if that makes a difference? You could perhaps also try using a separate AttributeExposer.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

What happens if you use? 

select LINE, COLOUR from "SCHEMA"."TABLENAME"

Badge +1

What happens if you use? 

select LINE, COLOUR from "SCHEMA"."TABLENAME"

I've tried that with no luck as well. But I've just found that if I put double quotation marks around each attribute name in the 'Attributes to Expose' field, it does work!

Capture2Do you know if this is a bug and will be fixed in future releases of FME?

Badge +2

I've tried that with no luck as well. But I've just found that if I put double quotation marks around each attribute name in the 'Attributes to Expose' field, it does work!

Capture2Do you know if this is a bug and will be fixed in future releases of FME?

Hi @aquamarine​,

Interesting one. I just tried this in FME 2021 build 21302 and it doesn't appear to have the same issue - no quotes needed around the attribute names in the Attributes to Expose parameter. Could you try in the latest release to see if the issue is resolved for you? If not, our support team could definitely take a closer look into this with you. If it is not resolved in the latest release please get it touch with our support with this info: https://community.safe.com/s/article/general-troubleshooting-gathering-system-informati

Badge +1

I've tried that with no luck as well. But I've just found that if I put double quotation marks around each attribute name in the 'Attributes to Expose' field, it does work!

Capture2Do you know if this is a bug and will be fixed in future releases of FME?

Thanks @chrisatsafe​ . As soon as I install FME 2021 I will check this out!