Question

Trouble adding geoid height grid

• 17 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +20

I an trying to add a geoid height grid constructed with the workspace from this article Creating Vertical Adjustment Grid files for use with FME (safe.com)

I get the file EGG97_QGR.GRD (I changed the extension to .txt to upload) witch I place in "D:\Reproject\GeoidHeightGrids\Romania\"

I created a corresponding EGG97_QGR.gdc file in "D:\Reproject\GridData\Romania\" with the content:

https://cngcft.ro/index.php/ro/download/download/2-software/2-cod-sursa-transdatro
..\..\GeoidHeightGrids\Romania\EGG97_QGR.GRD

I have done this previously with no problems. Only difference is that in the new version the grid doesn't have any NODATA pixels. And maybe FME 2021.0...

I Get the following error:

• Corrupted CS_MAP data file encountered.
  • CS-MAP Reprojector: Unable to load geoid height grid '%0'

And:

• CsmapReprojector (TeeFactory): CsmapReprojector: Reproject: Could not reproject the geometry of the preceding feature: CS-MAP Reprojector: Unable to load geoid height grid 'D:\Reproject\GridData\Romania\EGG97_QGR.gdc'
  • CsmapReprojector: Reproject: Could not reproject the geometry of the preceding feature: CS-MAP Reprojector: Unable to load geoid height grid 'D:\Reproject\GridData\Romania\EGG97_QGR.gdc'

It creates an empty, 0 bytes EGG97_QGR._96 next to the .GRD file.

Any ideeas?

L.E. I installed FME 2020.2.4 and got the error:

• Corrupted CS_MAP data file encountered.
  • A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

And the rest is identical.

1 reply

Badge +20

Hey guys.

It appears I created a bug on my side.

I created a workspace that reads a given ASCII grid file, sorts the data and creates the pointcloud via PointCloudCombiner ant then passes it to what came from convert-ascii-points-to-grd.fmw (came from as in copy-pasted from that workspace to mine). The problem is that I made my own writer.

I mean, how hard is it to create a text_line writer?

Well, it is when you want to create a binary from it.

The Character Encoding: ANSI is not available in the drop down list on the writer and you have to write it in manually and it was writing to UTF.

I can't believe I lost 3 days on this...