Question

How to select a Range of Polygons based on Excel File Start/End information

• 16 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I have two datasets: One polygon split into equal, 100m segments with a Start/End point for each polygon (Ex. 100 -200, 200-300, etc). The second is an excel file that external users fill out, supplying their needed work areas (this is based off the start/end from the polygons but can be a range - 100 to 300, etc).

I want to take the Excel file, take its range of data and extract just those polygons that fall into that range. Unique IDs can be used but I just do not know how to select ranges from one dataset based on an excel file.

Any help is most appreciated,

Thank you.

2 replies

Badge +4

Hi @Morgan Kennedy-Short​ ,

in the excelfile are coordinates or only the IDs of the polygons- or I didn't understand your quest correct.

Only coordinates:

You can set the right columns for x & y as coordinates in the excelreader. After that step you can use a SpatialFilter to get the polygons. Maybe you must buffer the polygons among a small distance, so the points are in the polygon.

Excel ID & Polygon ID

You can merge on the same ID by use the FeatureMerger or FeatureJoiner

Badge +2

@Morgan Kennedy-Short​ An image or, better, a small sample dataset might help us understand your question. But this might be a job for the InlineQuerier and a SQL BETWEEN