Question

Launch .bat by workbench

• 16 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I try to launch a Workbench on FME Server in which I create a .bat file via attributecreator and featurewriter which I then launch via pythoncaller (also tested via systemcaller). This workbench works fine locally but when I try to put it on my FME Server the .bat doesn't seem to run the right way.

FME Server also seems to change my folder in the .bat file.

I can provide the generated .bat and the workbench to try to clarify the problem.

Have a nice day,

Julian.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

How are you creating the folder to store your .bat file? I'd recommend using the temppathnamecreator. You can then use the path created to save your .bat and then call it. One thing to note, the folder and all files in it will be deleted after the FME process has been completed.

Additionally, why do you need a .bat file? can you just run the command(s) natively in the systemcaller or through python?

Hi,

The .bat creation works well but it seems that it is the execution which poses more problem (either via python or via the systemcaller). But only execution via workspace launch on FME Server (works well via FME Desktop).

My .bat is this type:

cd /D "D:\\OUTPUT_FOLDER"

call C:\\soft\\Anaconda3-2019\\Scripts\\activate.bat conda_env_test

python D:/folder_path/python_script.py param1 param2 param3

And it seems that the second call .bat not working well with FME Server.

I also tried to run commands directly with systemcaller without success.

Thank you and have a nice day.