Solved

Alter the level of a tagset in Microstation DGN

• 15 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I am writing out line geometry with a tagset to a Microstation DGN file. I can't work out how to change the level of the tagset to be different to the level of the line geometry to which it is connected. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by chrisatsafe 23 March 2021, 23:38

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi @aquamarine​ ,

I'm not sure if tagsets are level specific so you should be able to just point the tags you want on each level to their corresponding writer feature type. There might be some more tips in the Writing Microstation (DGN) Tags with FME article as it shows the key points of working with tags.

Badge +1

Hi @aquamarine​ ,

I'm not sure if tagsets are level specific so you should be able to just point the tags you want on each level to their corresponding writer feature type. There might be some more tips in the Writing Microstation (DGN) Tags with FME article as it shows the key points of working with tags.

Thanks @chrisatsafe​ . I've had a look at that article you mentioned but I still can't work out how to send the tagset to a different level to the geometry the tagset is associated with, unless there is something simple that I am missing..

Badge +2

Thanks @chrisatsafe​ . I've had a look at that article you mentioned but I still can't work out how to send the tagset to a different level to the geometry the tagset is associated with, unless there is something simple that I am missing..

Hi @aquamarine​ ,

Just tried this again myself and it doesn't appear that you can set different levels for the tagset display from the geometry. Essentially, we write the tag info as a list with the geometry of that feature so it can be associated in the dgn file. While you can change the level name in Microstation, it doesn't look like this functionality is available at the the moment since the <tag name>.level format attribute is only supported on the reader.

This could make for a good suggestion on the ideas page if you want to share your use case there as well!

Badge +1

Hi @chrisatsafe​ . Thanks for checking. I have raised this as a new idea: https://community.safe.com/s/idea/0874Q000000LP2UQAW/detail