Solved

Print workbench on A0

• 13 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

​I need to print my workbench on size A0. It works fine for size A2 and smaller but for size A0 or A1 the workbench freezes or crashes. I tried with different workbenches , different Pc's and different PDF-creators but no success. I use FME 2019.1.

Maybe someone has an idea to solve the problem?​

icon

Best answer by gabriel_hirsch 15 March 2021, 10:44

View original

5 replies

Badge +4

Hi @rico_23​ ,

I remember that problem and can't get it solved. I tested it on the new version 2021 and the bug(?) is still present. The standard Microsoft printer only supports A3, when I try to change it to the Adobe printer A1 the program crashes.

Badge +9

I never thought I would try this but I can create a PDF in A0 from FME Workbench 2020.2.2.0 with the PDF Report Writer from novaPDF without FME crashing

This is very interesting​. I tested it with a testversion of novaPDF and it works, I'm very suprised. Thank you for the hint to use novaPDF. But it is strange why different PDF-creators, like Adobe PDF, don't work...

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

So I checked it out and it appears we can't write directly from FME to an A0-sized sheet or to a PDF printer. Apparently, it's a shortcoming with the libraries we use to display the workspace in Workbench. I've asked if that has changed at all (the information was 5 years old) but if not, then you can see the workaround is to use a printing tool like novaPDF.

So apologies for the inconvenience. I don't think this is something we're going to be able to fix though.

Badge

Hi there,

is there any progress on using other pdf-creators like cute-pdf?

I have troubles printing my workbench to A0 and i don't have the abillity to install NovaPDF.

I am using version 2022.1.2 (build 22627).

thanx in advance.

Kind regards.

Laurens