Solved

Error sharing FME Workspace with FMEServerJobSubmitter in FME Server.

Badge

I published a FME Workspace with a FMEServerJobSubmitter in FME Server, I can run the FME Workspace and the FMEServerJobSubmitter starts the subsecuent FME Workspace, however if someone else in my team wants to run the same workspace, it fails with error "FMEServerJobSubmitter (ServerFactory): Failed to access FME Server web connection 'lopeztor FME Server'", I shared the repository where the FME Workspaces are and the web connection used.

icon

Best answer by hkingsbury 9 March 2021, 20:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Is the web connection shared with the other user?

Badge

Hi hkingsbury,

Yes, it's shared, however I'd like if possible to run the workspace with user credentials of logged user. Thanks for replying.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Hi hkingsbury,

Yes, it's shared, however I'd like if possible to run the workspace with user credentials of logged user. Thanks for replying.

Sorry, missed your comment re the web connection being shared.

Someone else may be able to correct me on this - you're not going to be able to have the process use the users credentials if your using one web connection (web connections store the credentials, and in the case of many of them, store tokens, client ids and client secrets). As i'm unsure of exactly what your web connection is for, there are two ways you could (partially) overcome this:

1. Don't use webconnections, use some other form of authentication (requesting token from an API with user credentials, BASIC authentication). Then require users to enter their credentials when running the process
  2. Have each user have thier own web connection to the service. These will need to be only accessible to each user AND be named IDENTICAL

Something to also note, is when FME Server runs a process, the process is run using the FME Service account, not the account the user logs in with

Badge

Sorry, missed your comment re the web connection being shared.

Someone else may be able to correct me on this - you're not going to be able to have the process use the users credentials if your using one web connection (web connections store the credentials, and in the case of many of them, store tokens, client ids and client secrets). As i'm unsure of exactly what your web connection is for, there are two ways you could (partially) overcome this:

1. Don't use webconnections, use some other form of authentication (requesting token from an API with user credentials, BASIC authentication). Then require users to enter their credentials when running the process
  2. Have each user have thier own web connection to the service. These will need to be only accessible to each user AND be named IDENTICAL

Something to also note, is when FME Server runs a process, the process is run using the FME Service account, not the account the user logs in with

Thanks hkingsbury, the second option works, at the end I had to create another user to use it as bot to run workspaces with fmejobsubmitter. 👍