Question

While converting Ecw the following error will appear ECW writer: The ECWJP2 SDK only has 200.0 MB of memory allocated to it and this is not enough to compress this dataset. Please set the SDK's memory limit above 304.7 MB

Badge
While converting Ecw the following error will appear ECW writer: The ECWJP2 SDK only has 200.0 MB of memory allocated to it and this is not enough to compress this dataset. Please set the SDK's memory limit above 304.7 MB

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @thirug​,

What version of FME are you running? This sounds similar to a previous Q&A, ECW Writer - ECWJP2 SDK memory allocation where Jake had made some improvements to the ECW writer as well as adding an advanced parameter as a way of manually specifying the memory limit. If you're already using FME 2020.0 or newer, can you try going to the Advanced settings of the writer parameters to set the Cache Size Calculation?

Badge

Hi @thirug​,

What version of FME are you running? This sounds similar to a previous Q&A, ECW Writer - ECWJP2 SDK memory allocation where Jake had made some improvements to the ECW writer as well as adding an advanced parameter as a way of manually specifying the memory limit. If you're already using FME 2020.0 or newer, can you try going to the Advanced settings of the writer parameters to set the Cache Size Calculation?

What version of FME are you running? My Version was 2019.2

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

What version of FME are you running? My Version was 2019.2

Hi @thirug​, I'm on FME 2021. It looks like you'll need to upgrade to at least FME 2020.0 or higher to take advantage of the fix that should make this error go away. You can find the downloads page here.

Badge

I'm getting this message as well but I'm on FME 2021. Turns out that my old workspace and the writer needed to be updated! I could not, for the life of me, find the advanced settings on the writer. But then I realized that the workspace was made pre-2020.

Right click the ECW feature, and the Advanced Options for the Cache Size Calculation becomes available. I set mine to Auto. Seemed to be working when I tried it on FME Server, it didn't terminate right away as before.

The Advanced Cache Size calculation is not available via the Navigator pane! 

Update ECW writer to get to advanced Options. Not available via the Navigator pane! Hope this helps the next person Googling a solution like I was.... heh.