Question

I would like to further examine the results out of the coordinateExtractor transformer. Is it possible to write the output to a file? I can view the results in the Display Control panels.

I would like to further examine the results out of the coordinateExtractor transformer. Is it possible to write the output to a file? I can view the results in the Display Control panels.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Absolutely. If it's a list of coordinates per feature, then follow up the CoordinateExtractor with a ListExploder transformer to "explode" the list of coordinates. Then use a StringConcatentator to join together the x, y, and z values into a new attribute called text_line_data. Finally, add a Text File writer.

That'll write your coordinates to a text file.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Absolutely. If it's a list of coordinates per feature, then follow up the CoordinateExtractor with a ListExploder transformer to "explode" the list of coordinates. Then use a StringConcatentator to join together the x, y, and z values into a new attribute called text_line_data. Finally, add a Text File writer.

That'll write your coordinates to a text file.

Actually, an even simpler way is to:

• Skip the CoordinateExtractor and use a CoordinateConcatenator
  • Set Coordinate Delimiter to a newline character and the Element Delimiter to a comma
  • Name the output text_line_data
  • Write it to a textfile output