Solved

Writing CityGML using xlink's causes an error for donut surfaces

I'm writing CityGML buildings with xlink's to the surfaces. A few surfaces are donuts. For these surfaces, the xlink is created in the list with surfacemembers, but the id is missing in the geometry of the surface. Does anybody know what the problem is?

icon

Best answer by cwisse 12 March 2021, 15:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @cwisse​ , working with xlink geom is tricky! I have a couple questions hat version/build of FME Workbench are you currently using? Do you have an example of a valid output? Thanks, Kailin.

Hello @kailinatsafe​, the version is FME(R) 2019.2.3.1 (20200212 - Build 19823 - WIN64). Attached you will find a manual corrected file where I've added three id's to the polygon geometry. In the picture below you will see the original file on the left side and the corrected file on the right side.

donut_error

Hello @cwisse​ , working with xlink geom is tricky! I have a couple questions hat version/build of FME Workbench are you currently using? Do you have an example of a valid output? Thanks, Kailin.

Hello @kailinatsafe​ , meanwhile, I found the solution by myself. In the GeometryPropertySetter, the Geometry XQuery was set on "Geometry Type = IFMEPolygon". I've added IFMEDonut to it and now everything is going well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @cwisse​ , that's great to hear! Best, Kailin.