Question

Hi all. I have a PostgIs table that has polygons and a attribute with a market name. I'd like to export all of the data into a GDB file using the market name as a different layer for each one. Is that possible? Any help would be appreciated.

Bonus points if I can reproject them to UTM per layer! Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Yes, that's possible.

You can set the output table name to the value of the market name attribute in the writer feature type. That'll create a new table for each unique value for that attribute.

Reprojecting can be done by using a Reprojector or ESRIReprojector (or specifying source and target projections on the reader and writer respectively)

Yes, that's possible.

You can set the output table name to the value of the market name attribute in the writer feature type. That'll create a new table for each unique value for that attribute.

Reprojecting can be done by using a Reprojector or ESRIReprojector (or specifying source and target projections on the reader and writer respectively)

I thought I tries that and the writer wrote out multiple GDBs rather than a single GDB with muliple layers per market. I'll try again. Thanks for your answer.

Badge +7

You need to set the market name attribute at the Feature Type level, rather than at the Dataset level. A fanout at the Dataset level will create multiple fgdbs with one feature class, a fanout at the Feature Type level will create one fgdb with mutliple feature classes.

FTfanout