Question

Hello, I have used Dmitri's "Tardis" workbench from the FME AR webinar and simply cannot get the object to appear at the geocoordinates I enter - it just appears wherever I point my phone and load the fmear model. I am using an Android phone. Any he

Used the workbench from - https://www.safe.com/blog/2020/09/visualizing-data-location-based-augmented-reality/

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi @myriadb​,

Unfortunately, our Android version of FME AR is old, and does not support location and scale 1:1. But it is coming soon! We work really hard on bringing it up-to-date. We certainly will make a lot of noise once we release the new Android version.

Would you mind telling me what you are trying to achieve? What is your scenario? Once we have the Android version, I'd be happy to assist you with getting started with AR, so feel free to contact me any time either via community or directly by sending an email to dmitri@safe.com

Dmitri

HI Dmitri,

What service! An answer from the legend himself.

Thank you for the reply. It's heartening to know that the inability to get a georeferenced object appear in designated location is down to the OS.

I am , in the first instance, trying to replicate what you did with the Tardis workbench, just so I can get my head around it. It appears in space wherever I point the FME AR App, but not in the lat long I enter into the workbench. Ultimately, I would like to get some soil carbon density information appear in location in the field, just as a proof of concept.

Thanks again for the reply -I will be following these developments with interest.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

HI Dmitri,

What service! An answer from the legend himself.

Thank you for the reply. It's heartening to know that the inability to get a georeferenced object appear in designated location is down to the OS.

I am , in the first instance, trying to replicate what you did with the Tardis workbench, just so I can get my head around it. It appears in space wherever I point the FME AR App, but not in the lat long I enter into the workbench. Ultimately, I would like to get some soil carbon density information appear in location in the field, just as a proof of concept.

Thanks again for the reply -I will be following these developments with interest.

Hi @myriadb​,

Thank you for your scenario. We think, labelling objects, processes, events is one of the most popular scenarios - it is very useful to annotate the world around us with some attributes. It's simple yet powerful. We actively planning the next step - when we will be able to interact with these labels. Just tap on them and something happens (ideally, the app triggers a service on FME Server and then the possibilities are limitless).

Have you seen my air quality demo? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ypf0rjYt3A&ab_channel=DmitriBagh

Once we release our updated Android version (or if you decide to give iOS a chance) feel free to talk to me, I can help you with setting up the workflow.

Dmitri