Question

Reading Smallworld

• 3 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Dear Experts,

We have Smallworld 4.3 and I have installed FME 2020.2.3.0 (Build 20820 WIN32). I have installed Translator 4.3 and copied the sworldswaf dll and fmf in FME installation folder and metafile folders.

FME is able to read the ds file but unable to extract the feature types. I have gone thru the link. As explained, I changed the dll file to 4.2.2 version and checked but result is same...

I have attached screenshots for reference with FME and FMENOFACTORY services. Can some one suggest me if I'm missing anything...

Thank you,

Pratap

3 replies

Badge +2

@pratap​  You have the Server Host as 'localhost' but the emacs is returning a message bad connection name atmosfmeaudit. Is your Smallworld server running on the same machine as FME or should your FME Server Host be the location of you Smallworld server host?

If this is OK, then the most likely reason for the problem is a mismatch in the sworldswaf.dl & sworldswaf.fmf

Badge +2

@pratap​  You have the Server Host as 'localhost' but the emacs is returning a message bad connection name atmosfmeaudit. Is your Smallworld server running on the same machine as FME or should your FME Server Host be the location of you Smallworld server host?

If this is OK, then the most likely reason for the problem is a mismatch in the sworldswaf.dl & sworldswaf.fmf

@Mark Stoakes​ Yes both FME desktop 2020.2.3.0 (Build 20820 WIN32), Smallworld 4.3 and Translator 4.3 are on same machine.

Based on the link, I too thought the error is related to dll or fmf file error. As explained, I changed the dll file to 4.2.2 version and checked but result is same...

Link says that dll and fmf files which we will receive will have issues. So, it would be better, if we have dll and fmf files of all versions in this link or somewhere to change if required...

As of now I have dll and fmf of translator 4.2.2 and 4.3 versions only

Badge +2

@Mark Stoakes​ Yes both FME desktop 2020.2.3.0 (Build 20820 WIN32), Smallworld 4.3 and Translator 4.3 are on same machine.

Based on the link, I too thought the error is related to dll or fmf file error. As explained, I changed the dll file to 4.2.2 version and checked but result is same...

Link says that dll and fmf files which we will receive will have issues. So, it would be better, if we have dll and fmf files of all versions in this link or somewhere to change if required...

As of now I have dll and fmf of translator 4.2.2 and 4.3 versions only

@pratap​ The sworldswaf.dll is very closely tied to the Smallworld version. You have to makes sure you have an exact match. You have to obtain the dll's from GE Smallworld. You can go through your local Smallworld provider or possibly the GE Digital Grid Customer Portal if you have access to that support mechanism.