Solved

compare attributes by group

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi

I want to know for all records with a certain project number whether certain other attributes are the same. For example, all the records with projectnumber A97652 must have the same startdate and owner, if ist not the same then i must change the one that's different.

I think i need a transformer with a group by function. I have tried the matcher but it doesn't do exactly what i want.

Does anyone know wich transformer i have to use?

icon

Best answer by pratap 3 March 2021, 14:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

If you have two features with the same project number but different startdates, how do you know which one is correct? Likewise, if you have 10 features with the same project number and three different startdates, which one is correct?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Normaly that won't be the case, but if it happens, i can look it up in a table. I also could join everything with that table, but because there is also al lot of old/historic date i don't have information for all the project numbers.

Badge +2

Hi,

1. Create an attribute ATTR1 by concatenating attributes like startdate-owner for all features

2. Take a parallel line and use duplicate filter based on projecnumber and consider unique + Create an attribute ATTR2 with startdate-owner for all features

3. Pass unique records thru supplier in feature merger (Records from Point 2)

4. Pass all the records thru Requester in feature merger (Records from Point 1)

5. Place a tester for records from MERGED port and compare ATTR1=ATTR2

6. Features from Passed port are FINE and features from Failed having problem

Pratap