Question

How to extract/ generate the coordinates of intersection points of a line intersecting an area

• 2 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Dear FME community,

I have an important question concerning the FME workbench. I would like to know how one can extract the coordinates of the intersection-points of a line intersecting an area (a mesh with poligons). The coordinates of the intersection-points should have a maximal precision.

To give you some more information about my problem I have attached some screenshots.

screenshot_fme_01 

here you can see a part from my workbench. Basically I just want to somehow combine the mesh and the lines and then extract the intersection points.

screenshot_fme_02here you can see the lines I was talking about above and the 3d-mesh. Now each line intersects the mesh at some point. I want to receive the coordinates of these intersection-points.

I would be very thankful, if you could provide any information on how to solve this problem. If you need any more infos, just let me know :)

1 reply

Badge +5

Hi, convert the lines into points and put them on the surface using Surface Draper