Solved

How to chain data between workspaces

• 25 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +13

I want to make an Automation where the flow goes first trough an workspace which reads data from an database. Depending on the feature type it then goes to different Automation Writers. Each of these ports are then connected to its own workspace so it can be run parallel. Eventually they merge back to another workspace which writes back the data to the database.

The problem I have now is that thousands of features reach the Automation Writer thus kicking of the next workspace thousands of time. Obviously that is not what I want. What is best practice to collect and group these features and pass them on as one feature.

I tried using the Aggregator Transformer and adding the parameters to a list, but it seems that it is not supported by GeoJSON.

I use FME Server 2020.2

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 26 February 2021, 09:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

You could use a FeatureWriter in your first workspace to write to a temporary file before kicking off the Automation writer (the FeatureWriter will output a single feature for this purpose). The downside of this is that you'll add some additional writing/reading overhead.

Badge +13

You could use a FeatureWriter in your first workspace to write to a temporary file before kicking off the Automation writer (the FeatureWriter will output a single feature for this purpose). The downside of this is that you'll add some additional writing/reading overhead.

I was thinking of something similar as a solution. But I hoped I was just missing some option.

It would be cool if the automation writer had the option to work like the Holder and then send everything at once.