Question

Could not Create Folder in Sharepoint using FME Server but works with FME desktop

• 24 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I have a workbench which works fine using FME Desktop. The aim workbench initially is to download two excel files and put them in a folder. Then workbench takes those files and converts information. Main transformer being used is sharepointonlineconnector

When attempting to use FME server, it is strangely is trying to create a folder from the workbench but the folder already exists and is mapped.

"Could not Create Folder" - Message

Are there any ideas on what could be reason for this? I do think it is setup correctly but unsure on why it is not sticking to just downloading the files to the folder instead of attempting to create a new folder.

Screenshot 2021-02-24 180153

3 replies

FME Server doesn't know about the mapped drive, use the full UNC path instead. Also check that the account that the FME Server services are running under has access to the network drive,

FME Server doesn't know about the mapped drive, use the full UNC path instead. Also check that the account that the FME Server services are running under has access to the network drive,

Thanks for this. In terms of the full UNC path instead, is there a easy way to locate this?

I have the network drive added to fme server and can be accessed.

It is just i am using a outlook account to connect to sharepoint but not sure why it is suggesting to create a folder, as the step is download a file.

Thanks for this. In terms of the full UNC path instead, is there a easy way to locate this?

I have the network drive added to fme server and can be accessed.

It is just i am using a outlook account to connect to sharepoint but not sure why it is suggesting to create a folder, as the step is download a file.

Have a look at this to see how to get the UNC path

https://community.safe.com/s/article/workspace-fails-using-fme-server-data-in-mapped-dr

It is probably trying to create a folder because it can't see the mapped drive so thinks it doesn't exist therefore needs to be created. Once it can see the folder exists it should just write into that.

I would normally check it is working with a local drive drive first then move onto getting it to write to a network drive.