Solved

Why am I getting these stretched hexagons at the edges of my data?

• 22 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Followed the example provided by @jovitaatsafe​, and the workflow appears to be exactly what I need to do with my data, where I have a number of points in different areas, and want to aggregate by count into hexagons.

The hexagons are also showing up in the ocean near Africa, so I'm guessing this is a map projection issue? But not sure where to resolve it exactly.

2021-02-22_13-55-14

icon

Best answer by jovitaatsafe 22 February 2021, 22:47

View original

3 replies

Badge +11

Hi @dannymatranga​,

Wow you weren't kidding about the hexagons looking stretched! Can you confirm that you're using a lat/long coordinate system? The H3HexagonalIndexer only accepts lat/long data and the team is working on adding a check to warn or reject data that isn't.

Hi @dannymatranga​,

Wow you weren't kidding about the hexagons looking stretched! Can you confirm that you're using a lat/long coordinate system? The H3HexagonalIndexer only accepts lat/long data and the team is working on adding a check to warn or reject data that isn't.

Hi Jovita, I'm actually using Spherical Mercator (meter), so I'll switch to use WGS84 lat/lon and report back, thanks for the tip!

Hi @dannymatranga​,

@jovitaatsafe​ Re-projecting to WGS84 LL worked, thanks again