Question

I have 1 point shapefile and I want to extract out all those points which are within 10 feet of each other and then have to form separate lines out of them. How should I do this ?

• 22 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge
I have 1 point shapefile and I want to extract out all those points which are within 10 feet of each other and then have to form separate lines out of them. How should I do this ?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

NeighbourFinder would be a good transformer to start with

http://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/neighborfinder.htm

Badge +7

A possible workflow using the NeighborFinder as suggested is shown below. Note this assumes that the coordinate reference system units of your data are feet, otherwise a conversion to the search distance value in the NeighborFinder will be required.

neighbourLines

Badge

A possible workflow using the NeighborFinder as suggested is shown below. Note this assumes that the coordinate reference system units of your data are feet, otherwise a conversion to the search distance value in the NeighborFinder will be required.

neighbourLines

I tried this, but result is not coming, i tried to create 1 unique Id as well before giving the input in the neighborfinder