Question

FME 2020.2 I still have problems with the coordinate System writing an ecw-file. I want to write to EPSG:25832 but this is not what for example Q-GIS recognizes. I know this is an old issue but I what to know if there is any solution or workarround

• 19 February 2021
  • 2 replies

With FME 2020.2 I still have problems with the coordinate System writing an ecw-file.

I want to write to EPSG:25832 but this is not what for example Q-GIS recognizes.

I know this is an old issue but I what to know if there is any solution or workarround.

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @stefanj​ ,

What version of QGIS are you using? I just did a quick test and it looks like I was able to write out an ECW file with EPSG:25832 (which appears to also be labelled as ETRS89.UTM-32N) and open it up in 3.8 (although it required a transformation in my case).

2021-02-19_13-36-35 

I found the bug report you are mentioning, ref FMEENGINE-33557, but it appears that was resolved in 2012 so hopefully this isn't a regression.

Could you also let me know what build of FME you are using?

Hi @chrisatsafe​, thanks for the quick response! I'm working with QGIS 3.10.2 and FME 2020.2 Build 20820.

I also can reproject the ecw-file to EPSG:25832 with QGIS but what I need is the correct Datum in the ecw-file for another application.

When I open the ecw with ERDAS IMAGINE I get the Information, 'Datum is undefined'.