Question

I am using a custom Python interpreter (Python 3.8) because of a certain environment that I setup using Anaconda. I hope I can use FME with this custom environment. But I see this error when running my workspace:

• 18 February 2021
  • 4 replies

FME supports Python 2.7 and Python 3.5 to 3.7. Ignoring the user-specified Python library version 3.8 from ...

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi @olivierhacking​ ,

Would you be able to try this out in the latest 2021 beta release? We recently added Python 3.8 support to the 2021.x branch of FME (as of build 21136 on Windows/build 21214 on Mac) so that may resolve the issue you are currently facing.

Thanks for the tip. It now says "Python version 3.8 loaded successfully". So I assume that it is working!

Just for clarification, as I use a custom environment 3.8 dll as the interpreter, should my Python HOME folder be as follows?

Interpreter: ...\\anaconda3\\envs\\tropomi\\python38.dll

HOME: ...\\anaconda3

Badge +2

Thanks for the tip. It now says "Python version 3.8 loaded successfully". So I assume that it is working!

Just for clarification, as I use a custom environment 3.8 dll as the interpreter, should my Python HOME folder be as follows?

Interpreter: ...\anaconda3\envs\tropomi\python38.dll

HOME: ...\anaconda3

Hi @olivierhacking​ ,

Unfortunately, I haven't played around with custom interpreters but I spoke with a colleague and they suggested Home should be  

...\anaconda3\envs\tropomi

Hope that helps.

Hi @olivierhacking​ ,

Unfortunately, I haven't played around with custom interpreters but I spoke with a colleague and they suggested Home should be  

...\anaconda3\envs\tropomi

Hope that helps.

Great, thanks!