Question

FeatureJoiner unjoined Features

• 18 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have two Tables GDB_Grund and GDB_EIG, where I join with the field EZNR with the FeatureJoiner. Now there are two unjoined features from the right(GDB_EIG) with EZNR= 651241256. I know that this is not possible because every GDB_EIG has at least one match, so I checked with the SQL manager and in both tables this value exists.

So I used the FeatureManager and there were all Suppliers used, but this is super slow.

I created a new Workspace with two Tester which passed only EZNR=651241256 and used the FeatureJoiner again. Here they are joined. Same reader and I copied the FeatureJoiner from the other Workspace.

What is going on? Why are there 2 UnjoinedRight with the FeatureJoiner?

I am using FME 2019.2x64

4 replies

Badge +10

You have the FeatureJoiner comparison mode set to String but the FeatureMerger comparison mode set to Automatic. Automatic mode will consider numbers with leading zeros to be matches, e.g. 0123 will match with 123

Badge

You have the FeatureJoiner comparison mode set to String but the FeatureMerger comparison mode set to Automatic. Automatic mode will consider numbers with leading zeros to be matches, e.g. 0123 will match with 123

i tried with string and automatic with joiner and featuremerger. its the same result. 2 unjoined features and EZNR with the value 651241256 has no leading zero, so this should make no difference.

Badge +10

i tried with string and automatic with joiner and featuremerger. its the same result. 2 unjoined features and EZNR with the value 651241256 has no leading zero, so this should make no difference.

Any leading or trailing spaces? FeatureMerger will ignore trailing spaces in some circumstances, I don't think FeatureJoiner does the same

https://community.safe.com/s/idea/0874Q000000TkxJQAS/detail

Badge

Nope. And when i make a SQL Query with EZNR='651241256' in both Tables, i get the correct entries. (Screenshots attached)