Solved

How to send the parent JSON data to a child workspace

• 17 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I'm using FME Server and Desktop version 2018.1.2, 

I have a webhook in Cityworks when a service request is closed it should trigger a FME server process where it generates a pdf report and emails it to the requester

I have a parent workspace that gets the JSON from FME Server topic message. 

The workspace checks if a file exists and then runs two workspaces based on yes-no tree. The child workspace reads the same JSON and uses a cityworks connector transformer to authenticate to cityworks api to get service request details. The child workspace runs as a stand-alone process and successfully authenticates to Cityworks to get a token. However when run as achild workspace fails with the following error 

CityworksConnector_HTTPCaller(HTTPFactory): HTTP/FTP transfer error: 'Couldn't connect to server'
CityworksConnector_HTTPCaller(HTTPFactory): Please ensure that your network connection is properly set up
CityworksConnector_HTTPCaller(HTTPFactory): No proxy settings have been entered. If you require a proxy to access external URLs, please ensure the appropriate information has been entered
The below feature caused the translation to be terminated

Im looking for help troubleshooting this issue

icon

Best answer by chrisatsafe 18 February 2021, 20:38

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @bhanu_v​ ,

One way you could handle this would be to create a published parameter in the child workspace. That way you can set the value of the attribute containing the JSON in the parent workspace to the parameter value in the FMEServerJobSubmitter. This would be analogous to batch processing with the WorkspaceRunner.

Not sure if you have an upgrade in the plans but for 2020+, the Automations functionality and the FME Server Automations writer would be the way to go.

Let us know if you're still running into issues with this after trying that out.

Badge

Hi @bhanu_v​ ,

One way you could handle this would be to create a published parameter in the child workspace. That way you can set the value of the attribute containing the JSON in the parent workspace to the parameter value in the FMEServerJobSubmitter. This would be analogous to batch processing with the WorkspaceRunner.

Not sure if you have an upgrade in the plans but for 2020+, the Automations functionality and the FME Server Automations writer would be the way to go.

Let us know if you're still running into issues with this after trying that out.

Hello @chrisatsafe​ ,

I have created a published parameter and used the FMEServerJobSubmiiter and it works, Thankyou

We do have plans to upgrade to make use of the automations functionality.