Question

Converting points to existing polygons based on attribute value retaining all unique items

• 17 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I would like to transfer a layer with a number of adress points to the building polygons in which they are located. For each point I would like the corresponding polygon of the building.

With PointOnAreaOverlayer I got the attribute data of the polygons, but how to replace the point geometry with the existing polygons of the buildings retaining all the items (no aggregation)?

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

If you extract the polygon geometry into an attribute with the GeometryExtractor after the point on overlayer you can use this attribute to replace the point with a GeometryReplacer

Badge +2

@ares​ The Area output port has the areas. If there are multiple points per polygon, then you can use the Attribute Accumulation list parameter to create a list of the points that related to the area and then ListExploder to split those into separate features.

Thanks all. Eventually I found the answer in using FeatureMerger by adding the areas as supplier to the points with feature merge type Geometry. This also replaces the original point geometry.