Question

How could i read two polygon from one reader non spatial

• 17 February 2021
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

i would like read two polygon from one reader not only one

so what should i write in WHERE CLAUSE to read two polygons at the same time to execute both ofthem together .

i am not expert in sql ,i am still beginner .could some one help me ?

Thanks in advance

6 replies

Badge +8

Firstly, non-spatial mean no geometry. however, polygon geometry is implying spatial.

So maybe the where clause is not your problem: change reader to a spatial sql source.

But regardless, use 'where = *' as a wildcard and take all.

Badge +3

Firstly, non-spatial mean no geometry. however, polygon geometry is implying spatial.

So maybe the where clause is not your problem: change reader to a spatial sql source.

But regardless, use 'where = *' as a wildcard and take all.

thanks,i have changed it to spatial but is it possible to read only two polygon from all polygons directly from reader ; i do not want to export all polygons . i want to specify only two polygon

thanks for help

Badge +8

thanks,i have changed it to spatial but is it possible to read only two polygon from all polygons directly from reader ; i do not want to export all polygons . i want to specify only two polygon

thanks for help

SELECT * where [objectidfield] = [xx] or [objectidfield] = [xx].

I would read them all and use a sampler transformer. Or if you know the database and the row's id then you can use similar statement above.

Badge +3

thanks for help

thanks for reply . i got it but i have still problem .

when i use SELECT * where [objectidfield] = [xx] or [objectidfield] = [xx]

i show only in quicktranslator only one row id to enter ,it does not show me two empty field to enter two row's id

only one empty field

my target

when i want to use quick translator ,i would like to write two row's id in quick translator then the workbench works to export it .

at inside workbench what i tried to do ,i used apply to for one of user parameters set where clause and connect it to the reader of polygon

and i created another user parameter with another name and connects to the same reader where set clause .i found ,reference at first user parameter will delete after i connected to the second user parameter at this reader .

should i create two user parameter or is it possible to do with one user parameter ?

i am new in fme and i am confused ,how could i do this process .

Thanks for help

Badge +8

thanks for help

step 1 add sql reader and select table in parameter; press ok

step 2 in workbench, double click on feature type

step 3 locate where clause and open text editor

step 4 pull down database tables tab

please utilize FME's resources such as this: https://www.safe.com/training/recorded/introduction-fme-desktop-2020/

Badge +3

thanks for help

thanks alot . it works and i will watch the video .