Question

Uploading larger files to Azure using AzureBlobStorageConnector?

• 16 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a workspace on FME Desktop (2019.2), and it uses some Python to create a new container, and then using the AzureBlobStorageConnector transformer, I can reference the new container and upload files there…except that it only uploads fairly small files! I have 10 files, all small, except for a 250Mb (.dat) file, and FME does the smaller files fine, but just stops once hitting the bigger file, and the log says ‘PANIC 55: fatal handler returned (calling abort) - Error running translation.’ I’ve tried changing the Block size limits to larger or smaller values, but still the error persists, and the log file doesn't give much away! Anyone else found this is the case? Does anyone know of any workarounds? Thanks!

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @mlufkin​ ,

Hmm, interesting error message here. We've had our development team test this out in 2019.2, 2020, and 2021 but their upload seemed to be successful regardless of the file size. Any chance you could try in the latest 2020 or 2021 build to see if that works? Also, could be worthwhile to update the AzureBlobStorageConnector package in FME Options as well as that might help to resolve the issue.

Perhaps this is network related? Are you connected to a VPN or using a proxy by chance?

Badge

Hi @chrisatsafe,

Thanks for the reply - I'll give it a crack in Desktop 2020.2 (as we're moving to this Server version very soon), and see if this resolves it. The AzureStorage Package in FME Options is on it's most recent version (the 'Update' button is greyed out).

I'm not connecting to a VPN, and I use Cloudberry to do the upload usually - and this is installed on the same machine I'm running FME Desktop from. I'm just using System Proxy settings, as I am for Cloudberry too.

I'm let you know how I get on using 2020.2..thanks!

Martyn

Badge

Hi @chrisatsafe,

Thanks for the reply - I'll give it a crack in Desktop 2020.2 (as we're moving to this Server version very soon), and see if this resolves it. The AzureStorage Package in FME Options is on it's most recent version (the 'Update' button is greyed out).

I'm not connecting to a VPN, and I use Cloudberry to do the upload usually - and this is installed on the same machine I'm running FME Desktop from. I'm just using System Proxy settings, as I am for Cloudberry too.

I'm let you know how I get on using 2020.2..thanks!

Martyn

Hi, have tried running on Desktop 2020.2.3, but still creates the same 'Error running translation' and nothing more in the log file.