Question

I would like to set up custom transformers into folders based on their related projects and manage individual user permissions by folder. Is it possible to set up something like this within my transformations folder?

• 15 February 2021
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Running FME desktop workspaces seems to cause errors in the path locations for custom transformers when located outside of the root transformer folder.

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi @madmille​ ,

You might be able to get this done by making use of Shared FME Folder although I'm not sure if this is considered a best practice. To do this, you'd need to create a new shared FME Folder for each project which would technically allow you to store everything in the same project folder and then manage permissions, etc. from the Windows File Explorer. That way if a user who does not have access to that project folder tries to access the custom transformer, they would be faced with this prompt.

2021-02-16_14-11-36When creating a shared path, FME will create the following directories:

2021-02-16_14-13-57Setting the appropriate permissions on the Transformers directory will prevent users from being able to access it in workbench.

Otherwise, perhaps embedding custom transformers could possibly work depending on your use case or if you just don't want the user to see the contents of the custom transformer you could password protect?

2021-02-16_14-22-53