Question

FME Server Scheduled Jobs Not Triggering

• 12 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +13

I have a scheduled job set up on FME Server (2020.0.1. Build 20218) that had been working fine for over a month. Then all of a sudden it stopped earlier this week. The workspace can be run on its on in FME Server without issue.

I reviewed the "fmescheduler.log" and found this:

Fri-12-Feb-2021 11:42:23.525 AM  INFORM  QuartzScheduler_FMEServerQuartzScheduler-SERVERNAMEHERE51612808703694_MisfireHandler  406432 : Trigger misfired (Category: FME Name: FME_RunStatsForDashboards).

Fri-12-Feb-2021 11:46:23.530 AM  INFORM  QuartzScheduler_FMEServerQuartzScheduler-SERVERNAMEHERE1612808703694_MisfireHandler  406432 : Trigger misfired (Category: COM.safe.fmeserver.CleanupManager Name: CleanupDoResourceCheck).

After deleting and rebuilding the scheduled job, it continued to fail. I republished the workspace, deleted the scheduled job and still nothing.

I then restarted the FME Server Services. After the restart, I am seeing this new error in the log:

406401 : Internal scheduler error "An error occurred while scanning for the next triggers to fire.", reason: "Couldn't acquire next trigger: null"

org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Couldn't acquire next trigger: null [See nested exception: java.lang.NullPointerException]

at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.acquireNextTrigger(JobStoreSupport.java:2923)

at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport$41.execute(JobStoreSupport.java:2805)

at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport$41.execute(JobStoreSupport.java:2803)

at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.executeInNonManagedTXLock(JobStoreSupport.java:3864)

at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.acquireNextTriggers(JobStoreSupport.java:2802)

at org.quartz.core.QuartzSchedulerThread.run(QuartzSchedulerThread.java:287)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.acquireNextTrigger(JobStoreSupport.java:2875)

I set up an Automation that used a 'Schedule' as the trigger. Same result: nothing.

I am stuck at this point. Any idea of what's causing this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

1 reply

Badge +13

I ended up rebooting the FME Server machine and that solved the issue. However, I am still curious what would have caused this issue in the first place. A mystery to be solved another day.