Question

Use CsmapReprojector with LAS data, vertical transformation failed

• 11 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Dear FME community,

I'm trying to run the CsmapReprojector transformer to modify the vertical reference and projection system of a LAS dataset.

The change of projection system seems to works well, but the change of vertical reference does not.

I use a .grd file that I made with a workspace to transform an Ascii Point Cloud to a grd format that would be more suitable to transform it from the https://community.safe.com/s/article/creating-vertical-adjustment-grid-files-for-use-wi help.

I can provide this .grd file if necessary (as well as .las test).

Do you know if this transform works in a particular way?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Julian.

4 replies

Badge +20

Check your definition of the reprojection in MyCoordSysDefs.fme in the C:\\Program Files\\FME\\Reproject\\ folder, and that your grid file is in the correct subfolder.

First time you run the reprojection open FME As Administrator for it needs to create the binary for the grd file and needs Administrator privileges.

Hi,

Thank you for this answer. If I understand well I need to define a new coordinate system?

My need is only to done a vertical transformation based on a grid files (without horizontal changes), I don't understand why I need to write a new coordinate system.

I put my .gdc and .grd file here: .\\FME-2020\\Reproject\\GeoidHeightGrids\\World and launch my worckbench with Administrator privileges. It well creates the ._96 file. But there is no vertical transformation.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Badge

Is there somewhere a documentation to add, for instance : EPSG:32632 ?

Badge

Hi folks ,

So we add these informations in  "MyCoordSysDefs.fme" file :

COORD_SYSTEM_DEF UTM84-32N_test \\

DESC_NM "UTM-WGS 1984 datum, Zone 32 North, Meter; Cent. Meridian 9d E" \\

SOURCE "Snyder, J.P, 1987, Map Projections - A Working Manual" \\

DT_NAME WGS84 \\

EPSG 32632 \\

EPSG_QD 1 \\

GROUP UTMN \\

MAP_SCL 1 \\

MAX_LAT 90 \\

MAX_LNG 12.75 \\

MIN_LAT -8.4 \\

MIN_LNG 5.25 \\

PARM1 9 \\

PROJ TM\\ 

QUAD 1\\ 

SCL_RED 0.9996 \\

UNIT METER \\

X_OFF 500000.0 \\

Y_OFF 0.0

but in fact, no vertical transformation is done ...