Question

Borrow license from license server to offline client (top-secret computer not allowed to be online)?

• 10 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

I have a customer that 4-5 times a year need to run an fme workspace on an offline computer. This computer can not be connected to any network at all.

They have floating licenses and now would like to borrow a license without connecting to client to the license server.

Is this possible?

3 replies

Userlevel 4

I don't think that's possible. A couple of alternatives

1. Purchase a regular, node-locked license for the "top-secret" computer. I would say that if a project is that secret, I would expect it to have the necessary funding for such a relatively inexpensive license.
  2. Work with your FME Partner or Safe Software directly to see if there are any alternatives for your specific scenario. Safe can be fairly flexible given the right use case.
Badge +5

Thanks David,

We're discussing alternatives for them (I am the FME Partner in this case).

I wasn't expecting an existing solution really, but found this interesting enough to ask 😀

/N

Userlevel 4

Thanks David,

We're discussing alternatives for them (I am the FME Partner in this case).

I wasn't expecting an existing solution really, but found this interesting enough to ask 😀

/N

Hej Nisse, sounds like you should get in touch with your account manager then (Malika?), at Safe they're usually pretty good at coming up with pragmatic solutions.