Question

How to use digest authentication in HTTPCaller ?

• 10 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have to do a SOAP request to an API inside a workspace and I have to use Digest Authentication.

The URL is in HTTPS protocol, I have a "SOAPAction" header and a body with a text/xml Content-Type. Inside the HTTPCaller I checked the "Use Authentication" box and entered the right credentials.

I also use Fiddler on the same machine to see which request is sent.

So, my problem is that i get a 500 internal server error because "there is no body, SOAP XML message". It's weird cause i really have the specified body, but when i see it in Fiddler, there is indeed no body, there's just the headers.

The thing is, when i use a Basic Authentication, the problem is not there, a body is present in the request... (of course the request is then rejected because of the wrong authentication though).

What am I missing in the configuration of this transformer ?

Thank you for your answers !

1 reply

Hi,

I've succeeded to implement a workaround for this problem.

The solution that worked for me was to use a python script with a Python Caller Transformer to make the HTTPS SOAP request instead of the HTTPCaller.

I had to used the python library called "zeep" and another one to avoid SSL Certification error called "certifi". The other thing to have in mind is that you have to build entirely your request, it's not possible to just pass the header and body as arguments. It needs to be built.

I hope it helps someone with the same problem.

Have a nice day !