Question

Infinite loop with a TINGenerator (topology issue)

• 9 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi guys,

I am having some issues with my TINGenerator. with some pointclouds, it's entering in an infinite loop .

My questions are>

1. Do you know how to implement an exit in this case, that will include the loop detetion, and a channel to post info about the loop
  2. Do you have any suggestion on how to avoid this topology issue. For it work the regular spacing in XY, specially when working in the 2.5D domain. But I have no clue when targeting 3D elements.

Thank you very much!

J

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Have you tried building hte surface without breakpoints? would help identify if the issues is in the breakpoints or the pointcloud

Badge +2

@jgarciafdez111​ We have made some changes to the SurfaceModeller (TINGenerator is a subset of SurfaceModeller) in FME 2021. If you're able to test the beta to see if it resolves this issue, they can be found here. (you can have multiple versions of FME Desktop installed, just use a new install folder i.e. c:\\apps\\fme2021beta). This issue has sometimes been caused by points very close together, so perhaps try the PointCloudThinner. If this doesn't work, then perhaps send a sample of the problem data and workspace to your FME Support contact .