Solved

Python Exception <ModuleNotFoundError>: Error when attempting use Sharepoint connector in FME Server but works in FME desktop.

• 9 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I am running a workbench which I have scheduled in FME Server. The workbench when running from same location in desktop works fine.

The issue seems to be with the sharepoint connector. I use this to download a specific file. When it tries to connect to it, I get the error below, any ideas what that might suggest for FME server?

2021-2-8 22:15:04 | Python Exception <ModuleNotFoundError>: No module named 'fmepy_microsoft_sharepoint'902021-2-8 22:15:04 | PythonFactory failed to load python symbol `fmepy_microsoft_sharepoint.connector.SharepointOnlineConnector'912021-2-8 22:15:04 | Factory proxy not initialized922021-2-8 22:15:04 | SharePointOnlineConnector_CALLER (PythonFactory): PythonFactory failed to process feature932021-2-8 22:15:04 | SharePointOnlineConnector_CALLER (PythonFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 10 February 2021, 02:12

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @cardiofaz​ ,

Can you confirm that in the FME Publishing Wizard from FME Desktop you opted to publish the Sharepoint Connector package?

When you first publish a package to FME Server the .fpkg file gets uploaded to Resources > Engine and the first time a job is run that contains this package transformer it should extract the package and import all the files into a series of subfolders within Resources > Engine >Packages. For the SharepointOnlineConnector, a folder safe.microsoft.sharepoint should be created within the subfolders:

- packageFiles

-python

-transformers

-resources

-webfilesystems

Since it complains that the module cannot be found I suspect I suspect there was a problem with the package extraction and it only partially installed the first time around.

To try and resolve the issue please try and remove all references of the safe.microsoft.sharepoint folder from the folders listed above. Then try rerunning the workspace that contains the transformer. Hopefully this time the package will be able to extract all the files successfully and the transformer will work. Please let me know if this continues to fail.

Thank you @hollyatsafe​  this worked. Bit of playing around but worked. Really appreciate your efforts.​