Solved

ArcGIS Online Feature reader unable to write attachments to a file geodatabase?

• 9 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

I used the ArcGIS Online Feature reader to read a hosted arcgis feature layer that has attachments. I can use the AttributeFileWriter to write the attachments to files. But when connecting the reader to a file geodatabase, the feature layer writes to a feature class, but the attachments are not included. Is this the expected behavior? I am at FME 2020.1.3.

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 9 February 2021, 22:48

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

@aguan​  You'll have to build the attachments and the relationship in a geodatabase, and then use that geodatabase as a template, as described in this article

Badge +4

@aguan​  You'll have to build the attachments and the relationship in a geodatabase, and then use that geodatabase as a template, as described in this article

@markatsafe, thanks for the information. We are ok to just write the attchements to files for now.

Badge +4

@markastsafe, i got the attachments working - from AGOL hosted feature layer write to a file geodatabase. We have quite a few hosted feature layers for mobile apps, and they all require periodical back up of the feature layers to a file geodatabase, including the attachments.

Badge

I am also attempting to take an AGOL hosted feature layer (with attachments) and write to a file geodatabase. What is the process to maintain the attachments? The linked article is for attaching photos that are located separately. @aguan​ Would you be able to share your process? Thanks!