Question

RasterResample for over sampling (higher resolution)

• 6 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,

I want to resample a raster A to a higher resolution, from 15m to 5m, in order to mosaïck it with another 5m raster B.

However neither the RasterResampler on the raster A nor the RasterMosaïcker on both raster (raster B being the reference grid) allow me to do that and I always get 15m raster.

Am I missing something here ?

Thanks !

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @jeremielemarcha​,

it should be possible resample raster A to a matching resolution using the RasterResampler. When putting Raster A (15m) through the Resampler to set it to a cell size of 5 x 5m, do you run into any errors or warning messages? Is the raster output from the Rejected port, and if so what is the message in the attribute fme_rejection_code?

Another thing to check is whether your coordinate system is in a projection with the correct meter units, as FME uses the coordinate system units to calculate in. The RasterResampler doc has an example and screenshot that shows where to find the coordinate system in the Feature Information Window.

Badge

Hi @jeremielemarcha​,

it should be possible resample raster A to a matching resolution using the RasterResampler. When putting Raster A (15m) through the Resampler to set it to a cell size of 5 x 5m, do you run into any errors or warning messages? Is the raster output from the Rejected port, and if so what is the message in the attribute fme_rejection_code?

Another thing to check is whether your coordinate system is in a projection with the correct meter units, as FME uses the coordinate system units to calculate in. The RasterResampler doc has an example and screenshot that shows where to find the coordinate system in the Feature Information Window.

Hi @jovitaatsafe​ ,

Thanks a lot for your post, the notification gets in my spam and I thought no one answered, I've just seen it...

I don't get any error message, I just end up with the same raster. In fact the RasterResample works fine when I increase pixel size (from 15m to 30m), but nothing happens when I decrease the pixel size (oversampling from 15m to 5m). I just check it the pixel size in the DataInspector with the MeasureDistance tool.

My raster is a DEM in Geotiff format with only one band and I have no feature information except (Row and Column)(GroundLocation)(Band 0 value). Attached is a small sample of the raster.