Question

Path in DataDownload service zip file is not working

• 5 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello,

I am publishing workspace to Data Download service. I would like to edit the path in the resulting ZIP file, according to this article: https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hM9QSAU/how-can-i-change-the-folder-structure-returned-in-the-zip-file-from-fme-servers-data-download-service?t=1612527866370

It works when I upload the workspace from Desktop 2019.1 to Server 2019.1. But it is not working when I upload from Desktop 2020.2.2 to Server 2020.2.2.

In zip there are still "default" paths like CSV_1 or TXT_1 folders. I want there no path, just result files directly inside the zip file.

I tried to upload from Desktop 2019.1 to the latest Server, but it did not help.

I tried to restart Desktop, put there new writers, delete the workspace manually from the Server and upload it again. But nothing helps.

Any advice? Thank you...

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @rudacsmap​,

I gave it a try in FME 2020.2 and removing the XLSXW_1/ from the path seems to work for me to remove the intermediate folder-pathing so that the zip file just opens to the output file. Can you confirm that you removed the whole default path 'FORMAT/' like the screenshot below? And what build of FME 2020.2 are you running? You can find that in Help > About FME Workbench. Would it be possible for you to upgrade desktop and server to the latest release build?

DataDownload-edit