Question

Using Schema mapper and reader as a workspace resource, the attribute values are not getting populated in a dynamic writer

• 5 February 2021
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +5

I am reading a feature class from sde and using schema mapper mapping the names of input and output attributes. Finally using a dynamic writer I'm writing it to a shapefile. I have a workspace resource which reads a file and defines the schema. In the dynamic writer schema definition, I have given schema sources as the workspace resource . The attribute names are as expected in the output shapefile. But there are no values for any of the columns. They are just empty. Not sure what the mistake is. Any help appreciated

1 reply

Badge +2

@raaaju1990​ In this context, missing attribute values are usually related to mismatch in the case of the attribute names. By default, SHAPE sets all the attribute names to uppercase (and truncates them to 10 characters).

If this isn't the cause of the problem then you'll probably have to attach an example workspace and data (as an FME template file FMWT) - or take the issue to your local FME reseller (and post back here if you get an solution).