Solved

I cannot make a geotif without jpeg compression

• 3 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi

I have a lot of small geotif tiles. I need to mosaic them together as geotif in specific zones.

I tried the standard compression which is jpeg. The problem is that some zones are to large for the compression method.

I get this error:

"GEOTIFF writer: Failed to write the output file using JPEG compression. The raster is being written with a tile size of '29005' rows by '82874' columns, whereas the maximum number of rows or columns that JPEG compression can handle is 65500. Please reduce the tile size if writing a tiled file, or reduce the size of the raster"

So I'm thinking I only need to change the compression method.

I tried all the other compression methods and I always get the same warning:

"GEOTIFF writer: Existing value for creation option 'INTERLEAVE' was 'BAND'. Overwriting with the new value 'PIXEL'

GEOTIFF writer: Existing value for creation option 'COMPRESS' was 'NONE'. Overwriting with the new value 'JPEG'"

Followed with the same error mentioned above.

So I'm clearly doing something wrong as I would be very supprised that FME makes all the other options available if they wouldn't work.

Is there a workaround?

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 11 March 2021, 20:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @koenvdw​ ,

There might be format attributes from the source GeoTIFF files that are overriding the settings on the writer. Please use a BulkAttributeRemover transformer to remove any attributes starting with 'geotiff_'

Badge +1

Sorry for the long wait, but this works great.