Solved

Is it possible to customize the page "Download Dataset Expired"?

• 2 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

we are developing an application which is using Data Download Service. User gets an email with download link in it. When the dataset is already deleted from FME Server, user is redirected to a web page "Download Dataset Expired".

DDEIs it possible to customize this page? For example to translate it etc.?

Or is there some way to automatically redirect the user to some other web page?

Rudolf

icon

Best answer by kailinatsafe 5 February 2021, 00:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @rudacsmap​ , It's actually pretty easy to configure FME to not delete those as regularly! When a user, such as yourself, runs a data download workspace the output is sent to 'Resources > System > temp > engine results'. FME Server has a system cleanup task to clean/remove these files, which is done daily (by default). If you would like to increase time cycle of the cleanup task, navigate to 'System Configuration > System Cleanup > tasks > Delete_EngineResults_Files' and set that time limit for longer than 1 day.

Let me know if this works for you! Here to help,

Kailin

Badge +1

Hello Kailin,

thank you for your answer. Probably I did not explain it clearly. I know about the possibility to extend the limit, when will be the data cleaned. But even if I extend it for example to 20 days, user can click on the link after 21 days an he will see that "Expired" page.

We have the download service built into our web application with its own user interface. So we would like to keep the user on pages with the same design. So we would like to change the "Expired" html page into our design, or at least translate the message on this page to Czech language. Is it possible?

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @rudacsmap​ ,

Sorry for not understanding the question properly before! I think this is possible. The expired page used by the FME Server download service can be found at:

<FMEServerFileShare>\\localization\\clients\\fmedatadownload\\htmlTemplates\\expired.xsl.

The xsl markup will be rendered at runtime to produce the html file that you see in your browser.

To make changes to the theme/style, ONLY make edits within the html tags and not the <xsl: tags. Before making any changes, I strongly recommend making a back-up of the file. That way if something does go wrong, you can revert back to what it was before. 

If you are looking to style any of the other HTML pages rendered by our web services check out this article for more information.

Best,

Kailin

Badge +1

Hello Kailin,

this is exatly what I need. Thank you!

Rudolf