Question

FME 2020: How to copy field names from file to another?

• 29 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

FME 2020: How to copy field names from file to another?

In the screenshot below, I selected the fields from the first file and pasted them to the second but appears that the fields names are not pasted.

How to perform this?

Clip_304Clip_305 

Clip_306 

5 replies

Badge +2

Hi @jamal​ ,

Instead of using Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V please use the copy and paste buttons within the AttributeCreator towards the bottom right, this should copy the values across all rows/columns:

2021-01-29_11-28-51Please note this option will only work across transformers of the same type, e.g. you cannot Copy from an AttributeCreator to an AttributeManager.

Badge +5

Thank you hollyatsafe.

I tried it again and the issue persists to exist.

I’ll attach the first file here and the second one in the post that follows (I thin the forum doesn’t accept to attach two files)

Clip_315 

Clip_316 

Badge +5

Cont.

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @jamal​ , thanks for your workspaces! After taking a look, I think you need to upgrade your AttributeCreator transformer in the 'CADParcels_LinesCirclesTexts_To_GIS' workspace. Transformers whose version is earlier than the latest version available appear in the Navigator, under Upgradeable Transformers. New to working with transformer versions? Let me know if you were able to upgrade!

Here to help,

Kailin

Badge +5

What is the latest FME version I need to upgrade to in order to get this issue solved?